Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Little Cuppycakes that Could





My idea of an exciting Saturday night is fooling around in the kitchen coming up with some new raw recipes (what? that's not yours?). And because I have such a sweet tooth and all I felt like eating tonight was sweets (oops), I created some lovely YUMMY new treats for you all. I must warn you that I am on a cupcake streak, so be prepared for some variations in the coming week. Raw cupcakes are pretty delicious, but they aren't light and fluffy like "real" cupcakes.... So I might have to keep experimenting, and maybe even bake (gasp!) some vegan cupcakes using coconut flour. We'll see. The frosting, however, is to die for, in my opinion, and I had to stop myself from eating it all. Here are two of my favorites from the evening:

Chocolate Strawberry Bliss (pictured above):

Frosting:
1/2 avocado (I know, just trust me!)
Strawberries
Coconut Oil (Maybe a large spoonful)
Dash of sea salt
Dash of vanilla
Cinnamon
Agave to taste

Mix in food processor or blender, adding agave and taste testing until it is to your liking. Put in bowl and place in fridge while you make the cake part.

Cake:
1 cup walnuts
6 dates (pitted)
1/8 cup cacao
1 tbsp coconut oil
Dash of vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt

Mix walnuts and dates in your food processor, then add the remaining ingred
ients. Form into little cupcakes and press into mold. Then top with your frosting and keep in fridge! Viola! That's it.


Vanilla Banana Fun:

Frosting:
Same as above, but substitute 1/2 banana for the strawberries- if you aren't a banana fan, you can use the above frosting, or add coconut "meat" instead

Cake:
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup coconut flakes
5 dates (pitted)
1 tbsp coconut oil
Dash of vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt

Prepare as above. And try not to eat it all before putting it in the fridge... It's hard, I tell you! Or maybe I just have issues. :)

Hope you enjoy these as much as I do, and stay tuned for more cupcake madness.

Love Erinn











1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THEM!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete