Monday, April 19, 2010

Yummy Yummy Raw Vegan Smoothie Monday!!!

Hi! It has been way too long since I have posted a blog! I've missed you. I've been writing a bunch in my head (ideas will pop into my head at the strangest times, let me tell you) but now I'm finally sitting down to write. And do I have a fun recipe for you. Lately, I have been craving a lot of smoothies, probably because it's starting to get warmer out. If any of you are smoothie fans out there, you are in for a treat because I've decided to make Monday smoothie day :) So every Monday, you will get a new smoothie recipe.... Until I run out of ideas. Ha. Feel free to give me ideas or suggestions of your favorite flavors and/or ingredients, and I will play and come up with something yummy for you.

I call this my Way 2 Good to be Healthy (but it is!) Chocolate Smoothie:


2 cups almond milk
1/4 - 1/2 cup coconut milk for extra creaminess (optional)
1 banana  (frozen, but doesn't have to be)
1 1/2 tbsp raw organic cacao
1 tbs chia seeds
1/2 tsp stevia (I use the green organic kind from Navitas Natural)
small handful of raisins
tbsp hemp seeds or flax
tbsp maca or lucuma (optional, but adds extra nutritional punch!)
* maca is great for reducing anxiety, and lucuma is nutrient dense and gives a slightly caramel flavor*
Chocolate Rice Protein Powder (optional)                
* I use Nutribiotic Brand- it is whole grain rice, enzymatically processed at the lowest temp possible and with no chemicals, gluten free:   http://www.nutribiotic.com/rice-protein.html
Ice

Blend in ice slowly so that it reaches the consistency that you prefer (you can also drink it without the ice, but I find it more fun to eat with a spoon). :) I garnished mine with whipped "cream" and some raisins.  Now all you need to do is enjoy the deliciousness and smile as all the nutrition enters your cells. Yes, life can be this good.


Above: All gone :(

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!!! THANKS for posting!!

    Yum!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to come up with an alternative to my regular fruit smoothie. I LOVE milkshakes and can't wait to try this to replace my traditional Fribble-like shakes. Fribbles....remember the days?

    Nom, nommmm

    Kate

    ReplyDelete